1. We expect a high standard of member conduct from day one and have this reflected in every aspect of the community.
2. Verbal abuse, racist comments, religious hatred, homophobia, offensively sexist and any other negative behaviour will not be tolerated (this includes team and player names). No-one likes to lose games but we expect all members to act cordially at all times not only within the community but also on any other associated forums/websites.
3. The league is a UK-based entity yet we do not impose restrictions on coach applications. However for match scheduling it is assumed you are using UK times. If a match is not played due to a confusion over times, then the player acting in accordance with the correct UK time will be deemed to be in the right. Note: UK times changes between GMT (winter) and GMT+1 (summer)
4. Every coach is limited to one team only in the main league, but may participate in as many other side competitions as they have time for. If a league team is re-rolled, the original team may never return to the main leagues. Racial capping is in force and will be reviewed every A single race cap currently stands at a maximum of 10% of total league coaches. A newly released race will not be capped, however we reserve the right to amend this if a race has highly excessive demand.
5. Your forum and discord name should match your in-game name.
Periods of Extended Absence
6. In the event a coach is going to be away for a period of time which will cause them to miss a scheduled game, they will be required to post this information in the Absences forum for their division.
Arranging League Matches
7. Match days run from Wednesday to Tuesday. The Divisional admins will post the match day fixture threads in the divisional forum by Sunday midnight. These threads are to be used by the appropriate coaches to arrange their match.
8. Once the fixture lists are up, you must post your availability by Wednesday night or 3 days (72hours) after the fixtures are posted, whichever is later. This is to ensure both coaches have sufficient time to get the match played before the deadline (see rule 7). It is viewed that two midweek evenings (start time bw 7-9pm) or weekend daytimes (UK timezone), with at least a 1-hour window to start, is acceptable for match day availability. If you offer less than this and the game goes unplayed you are likely to have the admin result go against you (2-0). In the event you do not post within 3 calendar days and the match then goes unplayed you are likely to have the admin result go against you (2-1). This penalty will obviously not be applied in the event it is deemed evident that the opposing coach is purposefully delaying things to gain the win. It is important to note that Admins will refer to the thread in the fixtures forum in order to make a decision about a fair outcome.
9. Coaches are expected to be in-game at the time agreed. Wherever possible, if a coach is delayed they must make efforts to alert their opponent at the earliest opportunity, 15 minutes is a reasonable time to wait for your opponent initially. Please post in the fixture thread to indicate you were online at the agreed time, but please check back to the forums after a further 15 minute (total 30mins!). If you are not able to wait for an opponent for the full 30 minutes in the event of a unavoidable delay then this should be indicated before you finalise a fixture time with your opponent.
10. Some coaches see last minute adjustments to Team Value as an integral part of the game. Some coaches may view this as gamesmanship, it is, but this is Blood Bowl and some coaches will try and play dirty tricks to give their team an advantage. This is not something that Admins are expected to police. However once the game is joined if a restart is required the inducements taken must be the same.
11. If a coach cannot make a fixture for a given game week, he is entitled to nominate a proxy player to play the match for him. He must notify his opponent, give reasonable notice, and ensure that all communication is visible to divisional Admins and Commissioners. Once the opposing coach has been notified that the missing coach proposes a proxy, and who that proxy will be, he can either accept the proxy match or reject it and claim the 2-0 adminned win. The decision is solely the challenged coach's to make, and he is at liberty to reject the proxy game without prejudice. As the proxy rule is only intended to cover temporary absence no more than two games should be played by a proxy coach for any given team within one season or competition. Please note any offered proxy must not be in a position to have any perceived conflict of interest that might arise where their team could be directly or indirectly affected by the match. Generally, this will not permit another coach within the same division acting as another team's proxy. Divisional Admins will rule on a candidate's suitability on a case by case basis.
12. When a disconnect occurs to you in BB2 you should have the opportunity to reconnect and continue the game and you must attempt to do this if able. If you cannot reconnect then the game will create a result which gives the disconnecting coach a loss by 2td. In this event the coaches MUST not validate the game, and the two affected coaches will have the option of requesting the game is reset or agreeing between them what would be the fairest outcome had the game continued ( this does not apply in clear results see rule 15). It is not acceptable to attempt to recreate the state of the game when the disconnect or crash happened. Any replay must be played from scratch, with the only exception to this is that you may agree in advance to replicate who receives at the beginning of the match. In all other regards the match must be played afresh from Turn 1.
13. If the coaches choose not to reset the game, each coach will be contacted by a Senior Admin and they must respond with their personal view on the correct result. The Senior admins will then consider whether this is acceptable (considering the divisional impact) and amend the results in game and on the website as appropriate. It may be that the result in game does not match the website.
14. Sometimes when a game disconnects the outcome is already fairly obvious, barring outrageous luck. In this case the Admins will use the Big Guy Guide to decide what actions are required. The Admin Results Guide can be found here.
15. In line with rules 1 and 2 above, we expect players to mirror the ethos of the UKBBL in their actions and behave with respect toward their fellow players/opponents. This said, we are not playing Crown Green Bowling here and this game brings with it a certain degree of brutality and gamesmanship. We will therefore not address any match disputes which pertain to in-game fouling or tactics. There are no rules on the pitch. If this does not sit well, we suggest you purchase an online copy of Scrabble by Hasbro Games.
16. Furthermore, this is a competitive league. All coaches are expected to play competitively for the entire duration of a game. All coaches are expected to be aware of and implement correctly the concede rules (see below) when one coach wishes to stop playing. SPP farming and match rigging between coaches will not be tolerated. Preserving some of your players is OK. Huddling all of your players in a corner without the ball on your drive is not!!
17. Conceding *is* part of the game, and a perfectly valid tactic, but we are now enforcing a league rule that on the third concession, within a season, the highest spp player on your team (whether 51spp+ or not) will have to roll as per rule 20 below. This does not apply when a concession occurs because you cannot field three players at a kick off. If someone concedes against you, your Divisional Admins need to be informed, and they in turn will inform the Senior Admin team.
18. When conceding you need to attempt to notify your opponent at the beginning of your own turn that you are conceding. On the turn that you concede you must not have made any player actions (this includes the wizard). As the new edition of BB allows you to turn off chat it is no longer a requirement to await your opponent's response but it is good practice. With the move to BB2 we have also lost the ability to view the chat logs thus we would recommend taking a photo of your concede message on your phone.
19. We enforce the official rules of the game (BB CRP) on conceding which includes, on top of the part that Cyanide enforces, a dice roll for every player that has 51spp or more (1-3 result = player must be fired from the roster). This dice result is done by using randomresult.com which provides a link which can be viewed with date stamp to ensure it has been done correctly. The necessary rolls will be made by the Commissioners and the coach will be expected to fire these players. Refusal to do so will result in the coach being expelled from the league. In addition to this, the UKBBL will impose a further penalty if the concede is not done at the very beginning of your turn. If that is the case, the player with the highest number of SPPs will automatically leave your team. This also applies to teams with no players above 51 SPPs. In addition from Season 35 we will enforce sanctions upon coaches whom start to serial concede. When a coach concedes for the third (and any further times) in a season then the highest spp player will be rolled against EVEN if the player does not have 51 spp.
20. If you believe something in the CoC was breached in the game then DO NOT VALIDATE IN GAME but inform your Divisional Admin by PM. It will be their responsibility to inform the senior admin team who will use the admin results guide in order to resolve matters swiftly and amicably. Guidance for how a senior admin makes a decision can be found in the Admin Results Guide.
21. Once the game has been played both coaches can validate the game themselves in the client, both coaches must also post to the Scheduling thread their confirmation of the final score, and both coaches must upload it to the UKBBL website. How to upload is described in the Forum's Help section. If you do not upload your match then the Division Tables will not be updated, and unicorns may cry. The game is not complete until the score is confirmed by both coaches and the result is uploaded. Furthermore, Divisional Admins have been instructed not to validate games on the site unless the result is uploaded to the website.. Please note that you should upload your game files to the UKBBL website immediately after your game.
22. In the case of persistent failure to upload a fine will be laid down after 3rd missed upload in a season) 2d6 loss of gold and/or player value. The dice roll will be done on the same website as for concessions. The coach will be informed what the next fine will be for failure to upload (this will be commissioner discretion fine)
Seasons & Divisions
23. The structure of the league for Season 33 can be found at Divisional Structure. If you do not upload your match then the Division Tables will not be updated, and unicorns may cry. The game is not complete until the score is confirmed by both coaches and the result is uploaded. Furthermore, Divisional Admins have been instructed not to Validate games unless the result is uploaded to the website. In the event that the game is uploaded twice, or if anything goes wrong with the upload process, then your Divisional Admin should be made aware via PM. Please note that you should upload your game files to the UKBBL website immediately after your game, certainly before you restart the game client (and preferably before you close it!) since restarting the client causes metadata and parts of the log to be lost and can prevent the upload processing correctly. You are advised to make your skill selections well in advance of your next fixture since you will not be able to play a match until your skill selection is made.
24. Playoff positions, promotions and relegations are based upon the website league tables as the truest representation of the league standings unless otherwise specified. They will be determined by points and then TD diff. If TD diff is not sufficient to determine places then who won the fixture between the teams concerned will be the deciding factor. If that was a draw then we will resort to the "Coleman-Waldorf Method" which is to apply the following formula: (0.5xCAS caused this season)+(Total TDs scored this season) with which ever team has the greater total being placed higher in the table. If by some bizarre quirk of statistics they are still tied, the final criteria will the winner of a play-off match.
25. You are expected to play for the full Season. Repeat YOU ARE EXPECTED TO PLAY FOR THE FULL SEASON! Even if results go against you, and you consider your team unplayable, you are expected to show up for matches. Failure to arrange fixtures, not showing up for games or serial conceding will all result in being permanently ejected from the league. If you wish to re-roll at the beginning of the next season that is fine, and you will re-join the league either on the bottom tier or you may choose to enter the Conference. If you choose the latter you will receive no preferential treatment ahead of the other Reserve List members and will have to earn your slot in the main leagues. Every once in a while, real life throws you a curve ball and you may be physically incapable of finishing the season. In this case, please contact your Divisional Admin or the Commissioners to explain the situation. As much detail as you can spare will improve your case. Just citing "RL" is unlikely to cut it.
26. An exception will be made for Tier 4 coaches with new teams that have not played any games before the current season. In this case the coach, may, re-roll the team once during the season but it must be to the same race as the first team. Commissioners must be informed before this occurs.
27. You are able to sit out a season and return with your old team (assuming it has played no more games) however which tier or conference you return to will be at the Commissioners discretion. This will usually relate to number of bonus promotions and racial balancing needs.
28. We currently use Discord for both instant messenger and voice chat. It is very easy to use and you can install it on your pc and mobile devices. Whilst this isn't mandatory, we would encourage all members to download this software and jump on the server for some general banter. We believe this will really add to the experience especially if several matches are going on at one time. You can find the Discord server details in the forums: Discord Details
29. The UKBBL actively promotes streaming of its games full details of how to do this in line with our Code of Conduct can be found here: - UKBBL Statement on Streaming
30. We are currently using all of the new rules included in BB2. This includes the Bank (compulsory), Ageing, Market Place and Stadium Upgrades. The optional rules will be assessed every season and may be changed. This can include banning some/all of the stadium upgrades retrospectively, you have been warned!!!
31. Coaches must be aware that with the release of LE edition for BB2 that the old bugs have been fixed but, as with any release, there is sure to be some new bugs. Players must report any bugs they observe to their admins. The following link is the cyanide bug list post official bug list. A high level of sportsmanship is required from UKBBL players. We are first and foremost a community which plays Blood Bowl, not just a source of weekly fixtures. You will almost certainly face an opponent many times over a number of seasons. Please follow the golden rule and treat others how you would hope to be treated yourself should a game changing bug occur. If you think an opponent has exploited a bug then bring it to your Divisional Admins attention.
This version up to date as of Season 35.